Santiago Achaval is the hands-on winemaker of The Farm Winery. Santiago has received global acclaim, including:
- Wine Spectator in December 2013 rated more than 460 Argentine wines. The top 3 were all made by Santiago.
- Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines of 2012 named his wine to the top 10 in the world.
- Robert Parker in December 2011 rated seven of Santiago's wines with the lowest score being 96 and several at 98 and 99 points;
- Wine Spectator Insider August 2012 naming 2 wines as "Hot" scoring 95 & 96;
- Six times since 2005 being on Wine Spectator's Top 100 wines of the world list;
- Wine Advocate rating his wines 95 or higher at least 18 times;
- Decanter tasting 255 Malbecs with his in first place;
- Wine & Spirits naming his eponymous property "Winery of the Year" based on blind tastings of more than 9,000 wines globally;
Wall St. Journal declaring, "arguably Argentina's first 'cult' winery" and Santiago as "one of Argentina's most revered winemakers."
- Since the inaugural 2009 vintage, the wines of The Farm Winery have been rated 15 times with scores of 92+
- in 2013, The Farm Winery's, Cardinal, is the highest rated Paso Cabernet by both Wine Advocate (Robert Parker) and Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
- In 2012, Cardinal was the highest rated Paso Cabernet by Wine Spectator, as well as WS's highest rated Paso Cab in 8 years.
Hear Santiago in his own words.